Not having made a will before one dies: he died intestate
More example sentences
- The Public Trustee knows of countless stories where the wrong people end up with the money because someone dies intestate (without a will).
- He had died intestate and alone leaving £9m, and a tangled relationship with his family.
- The Curator could also be called upon to administer, manage and discharge the debts and liabilities of any person presumed dead, intestate or if their will could not be located.
nounBack to top
- More example sentences
- By adopting someone who would automatically go to the front of the line for inheritance purposes in the event of intestacy, a decedent can deprive other angry relatives of standing to contest the will.
- As noted in that Schedule, for purposes of distribution on an intestacy, the deceased was survived by fourteen nieces and nephews among whom, the net estate should have been divided equally.
- Similar questions arise when the licensor becomes bankrupt or dies, and his trustee in bankruptcy or those entitled under his will or on intestacy seek possession of the property.
Definition of intestate in:
- The US English dictionary