noun[usually treated as singular]
- The symbiotic bacteria occurring naturally in the gut: it can be accurately interpreted if the intestinal flora is normalMore example sentences
- Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that modify the intestinal flora.
- It turns out that colonization by normal intestinal flora is vital - zebrafish and their bacteria have become evolutionarily entangled.
- The use of various probiotic bacteria to promote a balance of appropriate intestinal flora has yielded mixed results.
More definitions of intestinal floraDefinition of intestinal flora in:
- The US English dictionary