Situated or applied within the layers of the skin.
- Serum antibodies, direct urine measurement, and intradermal skin tests for mold sensitivity demonstrated a high correlation with exposure and with alteration of the immune system.
- These results suggest that penicillin can be given safely to patients with negative intradermal skin tests to penicillin.
- Colonization was defined as having more than 15 colony-forming units of a pathogenic organism on the intradermal part of the catheter, as indicated by the semiquantitative roll-plate technique.
- Example sentences
- A gamma radiation emitting sulphur colloid is injected around the tumour before the operation, and a vital blue dye (isosulphan blue) is injected intradermally at the time of surgery.
- The administration of recombinant hepatitis B vaccine intradermally in nonresponders may reduce this risk.
- Poor glycaemic control was attributed to faulty insulin injection technique, leading to the insulin being given intradermally.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: intra|der¦mal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.