Situated or taking place within, or administered into, a muscle: an intramuscular injection
More example sentences
- The intramuscular vaccine should be administered in the deltoid muscle and can be administered with other vaccines.
- The interferon is given via subcutaneous, intramuscular or intravenous route.
- Among hospitals giving intramuscular injections to term neonates, no differences were noted on the basis of infant feeding practices.
- Example sentences
- Level II defines more complex procedures in which perioperative medication and sedation are used intravenously, intramuscularly, or rectally.
- These vaccines are inactivated and should be administered intramuscularly into the deltoid muscle.
- It is widely known that patients with coagulation disorders should be given parenteral vaccines by the deep subcutaneous route and not intramuscularly because of the risk of bleeding.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: intra|mus¦cu¦lar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.