- A contraceptive device fitted inside the uterus and physically preventing the implantation of fertilized ova.More example sentences
- ‘Come Dancing,’ a ballgown shimmering with 5500 contraceptive pills and an intrauterine device medical alternatives offering a woman 22 years of birth control is the centrepiece of a new London exhibition.
- The primary difference between the two groups was that women in the tubal ligation group were more likely to have used oral contraceptives or an intrauterine device before their surgery.
- However, the chemical can also coat condoms or be dispersed by intrauterine devices to enhance contraception.
More definitions of intrauterine deviceDefinition of intrauterine device in:
- The US English dictionary