Definition of intrepid in English:
Fearless; adventurous (often used for rhetorical or humorous effect): our intrepid reporter
More example sentences
- I see an intrepid adventurer plodding blindly through a world of booby traps, goblins, jesters and dragons.
- The intrepid adventurer has only sailed once in his life, on a short trip around the Greek Islands 22 years ago.
- An intrepid adventurer will persist all the way to the end of the line.
fearless, unafraid, undaunted, dauntless, undismayed, unalarmed, unflinching, unshrinking, unblenching, unabashed, bold, daring, audacious, adventurous, dashing, heroic, dynamic, spirited, mettlesome, confident, indomitable;
- Example sentences
- Later, the Balkans provided a crisis of moral weight sufficient to rival those earlier times - especially for those writers and journalists, mostly on the center-left, who had the courage and intrepidity to go there.
- His compassionate work arises from the noblest of philosophical traditions, the true spirit of which is distinctly Indian and invokes a detached intrepidity, celebrates joy in birth and life and accepts death with grace.
- As a pamphlet account of his execution published shortly after his death put it, Turpin ‘went off this stage with as much intrepidity and unconcern, as if he had been taking horse to go on a journey’.
- Example sentences
- To this end she has begun persistently and intrepidly, balancing on the narrow window ledge, whilst knocking voraciously on the glass with her delicate little paw until someone does the honours and opens ‘her’ door!
- More intrepidly, he challenged the planetary medical profession, which claimed that fat you ate became fat to hate - resulting in arteries that clogged and hearts that conked.
- The audience who does not know her works, were also surprised because she intrepidly presented something that previously was considered taboo or at least controversial.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan