Definition of intricate in English:
Very complicated or detailed: an intricate network of canals
More example sentences
- He was himself a batik designer and his love of detail and intricate design is apparent in his artwork.
- I seem to remember my dreams in unusually intricate detail and twice as often as most people.
- The intricate detail and structure of this miniscule world is breathtaking.
late Middle English: from Latin intricat- 'entangled', from the verb intricare, from in- 'into' + tricae 'tricks, perplexities'.
- Example sentences
- His creations are an actor's dream, intricately detailed and enigmatic.
- The third a priori is that all aspects of the universe and all beings within it are intricately interdependent.
- For some reason, plants that have gentler tones of colour seem to be intricately constructed and merit close-up attention.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia