- Understand or work out by instinct: I intuited his real identityMore example sentences
- But I've never, ever learned to intuit Celsius as a way to express temperature.
- Somehow they have intuited the existence of a Threat, and instinctively grasped the need to meet it.
- Clairvoyance, the alleged psychic power of perceiving or intuiting the existence and character of distant states of affairs without the aid of any sensory input, remains the subject of considerable scientific controversy.
late 18th century (in the sense 'instruct, teach'): from Latin intuit- 'contemplated', from the verb intueri, from in- 'upon' + tueri 'to look'.
More definitions of intuitDefinition of intuit in:
- The US English dictionary