- Open to investigation, inquiry, or research.More example sentences
- A high proportion of the cases were rejected as premature or outside the jurisdiction of the Commissioner; only 862 were found to be investigable and only 241 were actually investigated.
- In Hooker's words, the laws of the works of nature ‘are investigable by reason, without the help of revelation supernatural and divine’.
- By employing the constructs of ‘attention’ and ‘attentiveness,’ film scholars can formulate investigable problems.
late 16th century: from late Latin investigabilis, from investigare (see investigate).
More definitions of investigableDefinition of investigable in:
- The US English dictionary