Definition of investigative in English:
1Of or concerned with investigating something: a special investigative committee to look into the strikers' demands
More example sentences
- If an investigative committee happens to be struck when the facts speak too loudly to be silenced, it's no big deal.
- To reach its conclusions, the investigative committee had to do a bit of digging.
- Pressure groups can appear as witnesses at the investigative hearings held by committees of Congress.
1.1(Of journalism or a journalist) inquiring intensively into and seeking to expose malpractice, the miscarriage of justice, or other controversial issues.
- I look forward, in the interests of justice and fearless investigative journalism, to future exposés.
- My next novel has a miscarriage of justice case but you won't find an investigative journalist or a copper in the background.
- How Bates financed this project is a question that has eluded some of the country's finest investigative business journalists.
Definition of investigative in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan