noun[mass noun] • technical
- A technique for making small, accurate castings in refractory alloys using a mould formed around a pattern of wax or similar material which is then removed by melting.More example sentences
- In 1980, Boye began experimenting with the technique of investment casting for making knife blades.
- The alloys used for investment casting are very similar to those used for the sand casting process.
- Unlike investment casting, however, evaporative pattern casting involves a polystyrene foam pattern that vaporizes during the pouring of molten metal into a surrounding mold of unbounded sand.
More definitions of investment castingDefinition of investment casting in:
- The US English dictionary