Definition of inviable in English:
- Under 200x magnification, the first 200 grains viewed on a microscope slide were assessed as viable or inviable.
- Numbers of viable and inviable spores of each genotype from 24 tetrads are indicated.
- We found that this strain is viable on glucose medium but inviable on raffinose medium at elevated temperatures.
- Example sentences
- That the number of fruitlets formed is less than the number of pollen grains used in artificial pollination experiments might be due to inviability of some pollen grains.
- But as promising as it appears, Lanza's technique is not entirely free of ethical inviability.
- Male sterility evolves substantially faster than female sterility or hybrid inviability.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan