- Under 200x magnification, the first 200 grains viewed on a microscope slide were assessed as viable or inviable.
- Numbers of viable and inviable spores of each genotype from 24 tetrads are indicated.
- We found that this strain is viable on glucose medium but inviable on raffinose medium at elevated temperatures.
- Example sentences
- That the number of fruitlets formed is less than the number of pollen grains used in artificial pollination experiments might be due to inviability of some pollen grains.
- But as promising as it appears, Lanza's technique is not entirely free of ethical inviability.
- Male sterility evolves substantially faster than female sterility or hybrid inviability.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: in|viable
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.