Definition of invitational in English:
(Especially of a competition) open only to those invited.
- Gymnasts can then participate in invitational competitions with their clubs.
- This year the Cliburn, in its customary effort to include a contemporary work, held an invitational competition for composers.
- We plan to grow this into an invitational competition for hang gliding and paragliding.
nounBack to top
An invitational competition.
- According to Gymnastics Canada, she competed in 21 international invitationals alone.
- After the Olympics, Izabela competed at several invitationals, until an ankle injury sidelined for the rest of the year.
- I do not plan to participate in any more tournaments or invitationals.
Definition of invitational in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan