Definition of invitational in English:
(Especially of a competition) open only to those invited.
- Gymnasts can then participate in invitational competitions with their clubs.
- This year the Cliburn, in its customary effort to include a contemporary work, held an invitational competition for composers.
- We plan to grow this into an invitational competition for hang gliding and paragliding.
nounBack to top
An invitational competition.
- According to Gymnastics Canada, she competed in 21 international invitationals alone.
- After the Olympics, Izabela competed at several invitationals, until an ankle injury sidelined for the rest of the year.
- I do not plan to participate in any more tournaments or invitationals.
Definition of invitational in:
- US English dictionary