Definition of inviting in English:
Offering the promise of an attractive or enjoyable experience: the sea down there looks so inviting
More example sentences
- The bottom line is that on the table, a salad should look cool and fresh, inviting and attractive, says Mr. Jacob.
- Here was the inviting prospect of a vision of peace and normality in the Middle East.
- The primary goal of redevelopment was to create an inviting and comfortable pedestrian experience.
- Example sentences
- Atkinson is not only responsible for the words within the invitingly tactile covers, but she decided how her first collection of short stories should look - down to the silk bookmark.
- ‘I can be whatever you want me to be,’ he purrs invitingly.
- Hill stations, majestically situated thousands of metres above sea level, are invitingly cool in December, a colourful new brochure reminds you.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.