Definition of inviting in English:
Offering the promise of an attractive or enjoyable experience: the sea down there looks so inviting
More example sentences
- The bottom line is that on the table, a salad should look cool and fresh, inviting and attractive, says Mr. Jacob.
- Here was the inviting prospect of a vision of peace and normality in the Middle East.
- The primary goal of redevelopment was to create an inviting and comfortable pedestrian experience.
- Example sentences
- Atkinson is not only responsible for the words within the invitingly tactile covers, but she decided how her first collection of short stories should look - down to the silk bookmark.
- ‘I can be whatever you want me to be,’ he purrs invitingly.
- Hill stations, majestically situated thousands of metres above sea level, are invitingly cool in December, a colourful new brochure reminds you.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan