- 1Towards the inside: the door began to swing inwardsMore example sentences
- Reaching the eighth plank, he pushed, and it swung inwards, revealing a small crevice that he quickly squeezed into.
- Doyle, still leaning against the door, had little precious time to catch himself as Cordelia swung it inwards.
- He scrambled to the floor and was about to dive under the bed when the door swung inwards and the light from the corridor blinded him for a moment.
- 1.1Into or towards the mind, spirit, or soul: people must look inwards to gain insight into their own stressMore example sentences
- The Buddha always pointed inwards to the mind, teaching that the effects of such practice could radiate outwards universally.
- US must look inwards for failings and outwards to gain trust and support
- The mind is focused inwards, and this effort of concentration acts as stimulus to gain access to the knowledge of the object of meditation.