- A volatile pale yellow sweet-smelling crystalline organic compound of iodine, with antiseptic properties.
More example sentences
- Alternative name: triiodomethane; chemical formula: CHI3
- Iodoform is harmful by ingestion, inhalation and through skin contact.
- In general it may be stated that iodoform is now used in all the wounds, injuries, diseases, requiring the action of an antiseptic.
mid 19th century: from iodine, on the pattern of chloroform.
More definitions of iodoformDefinition of iodoform in:
- The US English dictionary