noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic compound used as a drug to treat depression.
More example sentences
- A derivative of isoniazid; chemical formula: (CH3)2CHNHNHCOC5H4N
- West and Dally in 1959 conducted an uncontrolled, open study involving 101 consecutively treated, depressed patients receiving variable doses of iproniazid.
- The allergic reactions of red/green blindness with optic atrophy and hepatotoxicity led to the removal of the causative agents, pheniprazine and iproniazid, respectively.
1950s: from i(so)pro(pyl) + (iso)niazid.
More definitions of iproniazidDefinition of iproniazid in:
- The US English dictionary