Definition of ire in English:
Anger: the plans provoked the ire of conservationists
More example sentences
- It's his behaviour that makes me bristle with ire and irritation.
- Jaspers's emphasis on the importance of form over the content of psychopathology provokes the authors' ire.
- Exercising their ire at the moment is the police, with their aggressive attitude towards gun use.
- Example sentences
- Mr. Rochester was a princely and heroic master, and, despite his ireful frown and brusque, moody manner, Jane felt at ease in his presence.
- Yet another ireful king, Cyrus of Persia, destroyed the river Gyndes because one of his horses drowned in it.
- Their ambivalent ireful mood is a manifestation of the ouroboric primal affect, self-envy.
Words that rhyme with ireacquire, admire, afire, applier, aspire, attire, ayah, backfire, barbwire, bemire, briar, buyer, byre, choir, conspire, crier, cryer, defier, denier, desire, dire, drier, dryer, dyer, enquire, entire, esquire, expire, fire, flyer, friar, fryer, Gaia, gyre, hellfire, hire, hiya, Isaiah, jambalaya, Jeremiah, Josiah, Kintyre, latria, liar, lyre, Maia, Maya, Mayer, messiah, mire, misfire, Nehemiah, Obadiah, papaya, pariah, peripeteia, perspire, playa, Praia, prior, pyre, quire, replier, scryer, shire, shyer, sire, skyer, Sophia, spire, squire, supplier, Surabaya, suspire, tier, tire, transpire, trier, tumble-dryer, tyre, Uriah, via, wire, Zechariah, Zedekiah, Zephaniah
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan