Definition of ire in English:
Anger: the plans provoked the ire of conservationists
More example sentences
- It's his behaviour that makes me bristle with ire and irritation.
- Jaspers's emphasis on the importance of form over the content of psychopathology provokes the authors' ire.
- Exercising their ire at the moment is the police, with their aggressive attitude towards gun use.
- Example sentences
- Mr. Rochester was a princely and heroic master, and, despite his ireful frown and brusque, moody manner, Jane felt at ease in his presence.
- Yet another ireful king, Cyrus of Persia, destroyed the river Gyndes because one of his horses drowned in it.
- Their ambivalent ireful mood is a manifestation of the ouroboric primal affect, self-envy.