(In alternative medicine) diagnosis by examination of the iris of the eye.
More example sentences
- When I leafed through one, I noticed it was plugging alternative medicine: homeopathy, herbalism, iridology, and acupuncture.
- As a student and protégé of the beloved Dr. Christopher, I began my career as an herbalist using iridology as the sole diagnostic method.
- Balham Therapy Rooms, based in Balham High Road, offers a range of therapies, including acupuncture, iridology, reiki and homeopathy.
early 20th century: from Greek iris, irid- 'iris' + -logy.
- More example sentences
- No wonder they're running to alternative medicine and paying good money to iridologists, aromatherapists and homosexualpaths to cure their cancer.
- If the customers then wish to purchase treatment that is not beneficial they will of course be free to do so and the homoeopaths, iridologists, colonic irrigationists, and the rest can flourish.
- An iridologist can do an examination with nothing more than an iridology map, a magnifying glass, and a flashlight.
Definition of iridology in:
- The US English dictionary