An Australian eucalyptus tree with thick, solid bark and hard, dense, durable timber.
- Genus Eucalyptus, family Myrtaceae: several species, including the grey ironbark (E. paniculata)
More example sentences
- I drive up the Parade and daily I am made happy by the row of mighty ironbarks on its median strip.
- Most people know about the famous Mediterranean herbs such as basil and oregano, but Peter's passion is to introduce people to Australian herbs such as lemon ironbark and bolwarra.
- The piles were tarred ironbark and the beams were kauri with iron brackets to brace them.
Definition of ironbark in:
- The US English dictionary