Definition of ironwork in English:
Articles or parts made of iron: the white ironwork of the gate
More example sentences
- You can create a focal point by installing either antique or commissioned ironwork - today, mass-produced ‘wrought iron’ is in fact galvanised mild steel.
- Work will include restoration of the sluice gate and ironwork, de-silting the pond and replacing the edging stones.
- The city is filled with paintings, sculpture, mosaics, glasswork, ironwork, and an awesome number of architectural sidles that can keep you gawking for days.
- Example sentences
- Historians say ironworking is reminiscent of the tribal tradition of building long houses.
- It has long been an important industry in the Weald, supplying the essential fuel for ironworking in the area.
- The market at small town sites sometimes encouraged the development of local industry: pottery production, glassworking, and ironworking.
Definition of ironwork in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan