Definition of ironwork in English:
Articles or parts made of iron: the white ironwork of the gate
More example sentences
- You can create a focal point by installing either antique or commissioned ironwork - today, mass-produced ‘wrought iron’ is in fact galvanised mild steel.
- Work will include restoration of the sluice gate and ironwork, de-silting the pond and replacing the edging stones.
- The city is filled with paintings, sculpture, mosaics, glasswork, ironwork, and an awesome number of architectural sidles that can keep you gawking for days.
- ironworking noun
- Example sentences
- Historians say ironworking is reminiscent of the tribal tradition of building long houses.
- It has long been an important industry in the Weald, supplying the essential fuel for ironworking in the area.
- The market at small town sites sometimes encouraged the development of local industry: pottery production, glassworking, and ironworking.
Definition of ironwork in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.