adjective & adverb• informal
- Regardless: the photographer always says, irregardless of how his subjects are feeling, ‘Smile!’More example sentences
- Use words correctly, irregardless of how others use them.
- Is the user expected to open the files irregardless of warnings?
- And if you do that, then irregardless of who wins, you've done your civic duty.
Irregardless means the same as regardless, but the negative prefix ir- merely duplicates the suffix -less, and is unnecessary. The word dates back to the 19th century, but is regarded as incorrect in standard English.
More definitions of irregardlessDefinition of irregardless in:
- The US English dictionary