Definition of irremediable in English:
Impossible to cure or put right: irremediable marital breakdowns
More example sentences
- The harm caused by homicide is absolutely irremediable, whereas the harm caused by many other crimes is remediable to a degree.
- The extinction of animals and plant species and the depletion of non-renewable resources are irremediable crimes.
- If they doubt that, their doubt is irremediable.
late Middle English: from Latin irremediabilis, from in- 'not' + remediabilis 'curable' (from remedium 'remedy').
- Example sentences
- But it is irremediably confused and confusing.
- Others say that real art there was impossible, that it was irremediably contaminated by the propagandistic powers of socialism.
- ICON is a word that has irremediably lost its original meaning.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India