- Beyond criticism; faultless: his private life was irreproachableMore example sentences
impeccable, exemplary, model, copybook, immaculate, outstanding, exceptional, admirable, meritorious, honourable, consummate, perfect, ideal; above reproach, beyond reproach, blameless, faultless, flawless, guiltless, unimpeachable, unblemished, untarnished, stainless, spotless, pure, sinless, innocent
- More than his divine powers, his glorious heritage or his incredible prowess was his unblemished, untarnished, irreproachable character.
- After announcing his ‘retirement’, he came back determined to attach himself only to projects of irreproachable aesthetic integrity.
- He acknowledges the cheers of his back benches, flicks an invisible speck from his irreproachable Paul Smith sleeve and saunters off back to Downing Street.
- More example sentences
- The songs are irreproachably written and rhapsodically performed, and yet they remain incarcerated within the shackles of influence.
- A full day's worth of irreproachably good food, courtesy of your local supermarkets, beginning with breakfast.
- A true classic with a unique character and irreproachably consistent taste, its name alone conjures up a whole world of flavour.
mid 17th century: from French irreprochable, from in- 'not' + reprochable (from reprocher 'to reproach').