Not taking (something) into account; regardless of: child benefit is paid irrespective of income levels
More example sentences
- In any event, it is not disputed that an account of profits arises irrespective of the grant of an injunction.
- It binds us together, irrespective of creed or colour, race or religion.
- As a result, online shops seem to think all they need to do is address security, irrespective of how bad the experience is.
regardless of, without regard to/for, disregarding, ignoring, notwithstanding, whatever, no matter what, without reference to, without consideration of, setting aside, discounting
informal irregardless of
- Example sentences
- The gunner's sight is locked onto its designated target throughout the firing sequence, irrespectively of any evasive action the target attempts when aware that it is coming under attack.
- When a pianist has played a series of concerts, prejudices are dropped and the critics will praise irrespectively.
- We model the market component, irrespectively of its content, advertised products and brands.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.