Not able to be retrieved or put right: the irretrievable breakdown of their marriage
More example sentences
- A couple are legally entitled to divorce after two years when there is an irretrievable breakdown - but only if both parties agree in writing.
- But fault was still a feature in many divorce cases, since irretrievable breakdown had to be shown in one of five ways.
- Two allegations effected an irretrievable breakdown between Toulouse and the University.
- Example sentences
- Memories, Sonnabend contends, are confabulations, artificial constructions that we design to protect ourselves against the irretrievability of past events in the face of our inevitable amnesia.
- It bespeaks a loss of something, while denying complete irretrievability of the absent object.
- Kelly Riechart's critically acclaimed road movie is a richly textured account of the irretrievability of the past.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.