Not able to be retrieved or put right: the irretrievable breakdown of their marriage
More example sentences
- A couple are legally entitled to divorce after two years when there is an irretrievable breakdown - but only if both parties agree in writing.
- But fault was still a feature in many divorce cases, since irretrievable breakdown had to be shown in one of five ways.
- Two allegations effected an irretrievable breakdown between Toulouse and the University.
- Example sentences
- Memories, Sonnabend contends, are confabulations, artificial constructions that we design to protect ourselves against the irretrievability of past events in the face of our inevitable amnesia.
- It bespeaks a loss of something, while denying complete irretrievability of the absent object.
- Kelly Riechart's critically acclaimed road movie is a richly textured account of the irretrievability of the past.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ir|re¦triev|able
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.