Not able to be undone or altered: she suffered irreversible damage to her health
More example sentences
- Its repeal is a matter of urgency before irreversible damage is done to the energy market, the economy as a whole and to democracy itself.
- The future effects are unknown, but drug experts fear they may include irreversible brain damage or mental illness.
- And though it looks attractive, it causes irreversible liver damage to horses and cattle which eat it.
- Example sentences
- The young represent the irreversibility of time; they pose a standing threat of innovation and change.
- I have shown that irreversibility can then lead to structure, to self-organization.
- Bulgaria will always need a partnership that is to a degree a guarantee for the normal flow of processes and their irreversibility.
Words that rhyme with irreversiblecoercible, reversible, submersible
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ir|re¦vers|ible
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.