Definition of irritated in English:
Showing or feeling slight anger; annoyed: the irritated look on Alec’s face
More example sentences
- This will help loosen respiratory secretions and soothe irritated lungs and breathing passages.
- An irritated stomach lining can cause pain, nausea or heartburn.
- A water mist is continuously sprayed into the tent to provide humidification to soothe the baby's irritated airway.
- Example sentences
- The bland trade journal irritatedly dismissed the book as ‘a weirdly out-of-touch bid for personal attention.’
- Katie said irritatedly, ‘Well, at least keep the noises down.’
- ‘That's not the point,’ Tori interrupted irritatedly.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan