verb[no object] (usually as noun island-hopping)
- Travel from one island to another, especially as a tourist in an area of small islands: I’ve sailed the Turkish coast and gone island-hopping in Greece on the luxurious motor yachtMore example sentences
- More laid-back activities include fishing and island-hopping.
- Learn self-rescue skills plus tidal navigation and you can head offshore to go island-hopping for the weekend.
- They stand within sight of one another, but they are surprisingly different and this makes them ideal for island-hopping.
More definitions of island-hopDefinition of island-hop in:
- The US English dictionary