- (Of a language) tending to have each element as an independent word without inflections.More example sentences
- Sino-Tibetan languages are distinguished from western language families by two main traits: isolating or monosyllabic characters and the use of tones.
- We experiment these models on Classical Chinese, a typical isolating language.
- This change is attested in Kamti Tai, a tonal and isolating language spoken in Myanmar.
More definitions of isolatingDefinition of isolating in:
- The US English dictionary