- An enzyme which catalyses the conversion of a specified compound to an isomer: a peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomeraseMore example sentences
- Sucrose isomerase catalyses the reversible conversion of sucrose into palatinose, which is not further metabolizable by plant cells.
- In nature, the function is performed by the enzyme triose phosphate isomerase.
- Ordinary corn syrup is treated with the enzyme glucose isomerase which converts glucose to fructose.
More definitions of isomeraseDefinition of isomerase in:
- The US English dictionary