noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic derivative of adrenaline, used for the relief of bronchial asthma and pulmonary emphysema.More example sentences
- With few exceptions, the order of potency on adrenoceptors is noradrenaline, adrenaline, isoprenaline, while on the adrenoceptor, the order is reversed.
- A quick puff of isoprenaline and asthma sufferers experiencing an attack or shortage of breath were breathing evenly again just 30s after inhaling the drug.
- Difficulty in obtaining the raw material for isoprenaline has driven the recommendation of low dose epinephrine as an alternative treatment.
1950s: from elements of the systematic name N-isopropylnoradrenaline.
More definitions of isoprenalineDefinition of isoprenaline in:
- The US English dictionary