noun[as modifier] Chemistry
- Of or denoting the alkyl radical —CH(CH3)2, derived from propane by removal of a hydrogen atom from the middle carbon atom.More example sentences
- Three glyphosate salts are currently being marketed: isopropyl amine, ammonium and di-ammonium salt.
- On the other hand, virtually no hydrolysis occurs with an isopropyl group and the return of AChE is dependent upon synthesis of a new enzyme.
- In the laboratory, however, allolactose is usually replaced by the analogous compound isopropyl thiogalactose, which is not metabolized.
More definitions of isopropylDefinition of isopropyl in:
- The US English dictionary