Definition of italicize in English:
Write or print (text) in italics: she italicized the unfamiliar phrase changes of wording have been italicized
More example sentences
- Almost every 10th word on a page is italicized, which is a flaw for two reasons.
- Legal citations are italicized and footnoted in the text.
- The strikethrough font identifies original language proposed for deletion while proposed changes are italicized in bold font.
- Example sentences
- The italicisation of quotations is in the original.
- One of the several accepted uses of italicisation in a text is to signal that a word or phrase is foreign.
- In case it is impossible to use italicisation one may underline the italicised parts of the examples above.
Definition of italicize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan