- Write or print (text) in italics: she italicized the unfamiliar phrase changes of wording have been italicizedMore example sentences
- Almost every 10th word on a page is italicized, which is a flaw for two reasons.
- Legal citations are italicized and footnoted in the text.
- The strikethrough font identifies original language proposed for deletion while proposed changes are italicized in bold font.
- More example sentences
- The italicisation of quotations is in the original.
- One of the several accepted uses of italicisation in a text is to signal that a word or phrase is foreign.
- In case it is impossible to use italicisation one may underline the italicised parts of the examples above.
More definitions of italicizeDefinition of italicize in:
- The US English dictionary