adjective (itchier, itchiest)
Having or causing an itch: dry, itchy skin an itchy rash
More example sentences
- It causes a red, itchy rash on the skin that appears first on the abdomen or back and face and then spreads to other parts of the body.
- Prickly heat is a very itchy red skin rash, causing a prickling or burning feeling.
- She says she has been feeling weak and giddy and has developed a widespread itchy skin rash.
have (or get) itchy feet
- informal Have or develop a strong urge to travel or move from place to place: she’s getting itchy feet I have permanently itchy feetMore example sentences
- Terry then had itchy feet again and moved to Perth.
- You may have a tendency to get itchy feet at times and need change and travel.
- I had just qualified and I suppose I had itchy feet.
- Example sentences
- O'Connor said the classic symptom is itchiness.
- Some students complained that they suffered from itchiness.
- But that fashion edge may come at the price of itchiness and skin rashes, a Consumer Council product trial has found.
Words that rhyme with itchybitchy, kitschy, pitchy, Richie, titchy, twitchy
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: itchy
Definition of itchy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.