- (Especially of a statue or other representation of a deity) having an erect penis.More example sentences
- Shiva, the ithyphallic god of animals, ascends early into the pantheon through his marriage to an Aryan princess.
- Predominantly concerned with human fertility, it is represented by an ithyphallic male figure.
- The youthful naked satyrs, dancing contentedly with their scantily clad female partners, are no longer shown ithyphallic.
early 17th century (as a noun denoting a sexually explicit poem): via late Latin from Greek ithuphallikos, from ithus 'straight' + phallos 'phallus'.
More definitions of ithyphallicDefinition of ithyphallic in:
- The US English dictionary