noun (plural jabberwockies)[mass noun]
- Invented or meaningless language; nonsense: the translation was slow and full of jabberwockyMore example sentences
- They don't want jabberwocky or gobbledegook going full bore.
- What sounds meaningful reads like jabberwocky.
- Penelope describes what this means and the agony and pleasure of streams of jabberwocky issuing forth from a man of words.
early 20th century: from the title of a nonsense poem in Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass (1871).
More definitions of jabberwockyDefinition of jabberwocky in:
- The US English dictionary