noun (plural jacales /həˈkɑːleɪz/)
- (In Mexico and the south-western US) a thatched wattle-and-daub hut.More example sentences
- Here the Seri have built both Mexican-style jacales of wattle and daub, and small wood-frame structures.
- The jacales were made in a variety of sizes and styles, depending on the method preferred by the workers.
- They have also found evidence of Spanish jacales, room blocks in an octagonal pattern within the stockade wall.
Mexican Spanish, from Nahuatl xacalli, contraction of xamitl calli 'adobe house'.
More definitions of jacalDefinition of jacal in:
- The US English dictionary