- A tropical American climbing plant of the pea family, which yields an edible bean and pod and is widely grown for fodder in tropical countries.
More example sentences
- Genus Canavalia, family Leguminosae: in particular C. ensiformis
- The jack bean and the sword bean are very similar and are occasionally grown in home gardens around the state.
- The jack bean (Canavalia ensiformis) is a bushy, semi-erect annual legume originated in the New World and which is grown mainly as green manure and as cover crop in soil erosion control programs.
More definitions of jack beanDefinition of jack bean in:
- The US English dictionary