A game fish of the jack family, occurring in the eastern Pacific.
- Trachurus symmetricus, family Carangidae
More example sentences
- It was followed by glittery portions of jack mackerel and a strip of crunchy octopus dusted with a mossy, gunpowderlike substance that Nagata identified as green-tea salt.
- Trawl fisheries catch jack mackerel in other areas including the Taranaki Bight and Chatham Rise.
- Food studies indicated that more than 90 percent of the identifiable items found in the stomachs of jack mackerel are crustaceans and small, free swimming mollusks.
Definition of jack mackerel in:
- The US English dictionary