Definition of jackass in English:
1A stupid person.
- First, you had every right to break up with me because I was a complete jackass and a moron and you had every right.
- Hey beautiful… don't worry about the jackasses in the school, tomorrow you will be loved again.
- Please keep up the good work, including your relative distance from the Labor Party hack jackasses.
2A male ass or donkey.
- He could tame a stallion, breed a jackass, lead an army and charm the ladies.
- Normally I'd view these matters with detachment, but to find a race-horse among jackasses is an exciting thing, and a great occasion for the empire.
- If he had the ears of a horse he'd look like a jackass.
3Australian short for laughing jackass.
- To escape the monotony, some diggers managed to find an alternative source of meat native game. Parrots and cockatoos, baked in a pie, were a popular dish, and possums and echidna were also sampled. Some were even known to dine on ‘jackass’ (kookaburra) pie.
- There are two species of Kookaburra - the Blue Winged (also known as Leach Kingfisher, Howling Jackass and Barking Jackass) and the Laughing Kookaburra (also known as Giant Kingfisher, Laughing Jackass and Settler's (or Bushman's) Clock).
Definition of jackass in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia