- A strikingly marked fish with a long upright dorsal fin, which lives among rocks and corals in the warm waters of the western Atlantic.
More example sentences
- Equetus lanceolatus, family Sciaenidae
- The jackknife fish is a particularly handsome species, which immediately catches the eye with its long tapering first dorsal fin.
- The Jackknife fish will comb the sandy bottom looking for worms, crustaceans, and small fish if it is hungry. It may even eat the occasional fireworm.
More definitions of jackknife fishDefinition of jackknife fish in:
- The US English dictionary