- A game like pelota played with large curved wicker baskets: [as modifier]: jai alai playersMore example sentences
- Whether you're playing baseball, cricket, football, golf, jai alai, soccer, tennis, or water polo, a ball gets thrown, smacked, or kicked and then briefly becomes airborne before returning to Earth.
- The Object of Jai Alai is to hurl a pelota (ball) against the front wall of the court with so much speed and spin that the opposition cannot catch or return it on the fly or the first bounce.
- Jai alai is an incredibly fast ball game, usually played by teams, and usually the subject of intense spectator interest and gambling.
Spanish, from Basque jai 'festival' + alai 'merry'.
More definitions of jai alaiDefinition of jai alai in:
- The US English dictionary