- A person who is or has been in prison, especially a criminal who has been jailed repeatedly: I was an escaped jailbirdMore example sentences
- Well that's interesting, because certainly for those of us who remember him in the '70s, he almost came across as an outlaw, as a jailbird, in fact many of his songs were about prison.
- Photographs in each cell - there are about 10 of them, plus an open eating area with tables for the less adventurous - depict various prison scenes and mugshots of some jailbirds.
- A professor at the University of Maryland's MBA program sends his students to prison for a ‘scared straight’ session - where they get to feel what it's like living behind bars, and talk to CEO jailbirds.
More definitions of jailbirdDefinition of jailbird in:
- The US English dictionary