- More example sentences
- The Malayan families were one of the early settlers in Ormoc, trading with the Chinese, Javans and Indonesians, and developing into a Spanish settlement by the 1500's.
- The Group will focus on improving the co-operation and coordination between range states and non-range states to continue and accelerate the recovery of the Javans and Sumatrans to viable levels, through ongoing and new in situ and ex situ efforts.
- However, if the supply of outer island graduates is insufficient to fill the vacancies, then it would be necessary to continue to offer specialist training in order to induce many Javans to work in very remote areas.
noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A general-purpose computer programming language designed to produce programs that will run on any computer system.More example sentences
- The phones use the platform independent programming language Java to perform complicated tasks.
- The Java software language is designed to let programs work on any type of hardware platform.
- Microsoft said it plans to phase out support for Java in key desktop software products.
1990s: with allusion to java.
noun[mass noun] North American • informal
- Coffee: I’m dying for a cup of javaMore example sentences
- But because Americans are not nearly as fond of dates as they are of coffee, java came out on top due to sheer popularity.
- He paused as he sniffed the air and glanced over at the coffee pot percolating java on the counter.
- I usually began the day with black tea and most afternoons enjoyed a cup of java or a latte.
More definitions of JavaDefinition of java in:
- The US English dictionary