- North American term for peccary.More example sentences
- Collared peccaries, or javelinas, may be the agents most responsible for moving leguminous tree seeds back upstream.
- Other creatures can also flourish there, including quail, jackrabbits, and small, wild pigs called javelinas.
- At the same time my friend and hunting companion took a trophy whitetail, a huge javelina, and a big tom turkey.
early 19th century: from Spanish jabalina, from the feminine form of jabalí 'wild boar', from Arabic jabali 'mountaineer'.
More definitions of javelinaDefinition of javelina in:
- The US English dictionary