Definition of jaw-dropping in English:
Amazing: a jaw-dropping display of slick trickery
More example sentences
- Visiting India, as an eight year old was one of the most jaw-dropping and exhilarating experiences I have ever had.
- Perahia's never found wanting technically, and there are some jaw-dropping displays of speed and power
- Afterwards, all three put on a jaw-dropping a cappella gospel medley that left everyone's spine tingling with pleasure.
- Example sentences
- And then, in the middle of all this angst comes a jaw-droppingly wonderful musical episode, with the whole cast breaking out in witty, tuneful songs advancing the plot creatively.
- His politics are jaw-droppingly simplistic for the most part, particularly from about the 15th film onwards, and yet you look back at them with great affection.
- Not until the the jaw-droppingly inane finale on the Brooklyn Bridge are we put out of our misery, as the film attempts to realise its theme of spiritual and corporeal convergence.
Definition of jaw-dropping in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan