noun (plural same or jellyfishes)
1A free-swimming marine coelenterate with a jelly-like bell- or saucer-shaped body that is typically transparent and has stinging tentacles around the edge.
- Classes Scyphozoa and Cubozoa
More example sentences
- Like jellyfish, Medusa can sting an enemy with its tentacles.
- Man-eating saltwater crocodiles lurk in nearby estuaries along with the deadly box jellyfish, the most poisonous creature on earth.
- If you should get stung by a box jellyfish, you won't get off lightly.
Definition of jellyfish in:
- The US English dictionary