- 1A sleeveless jacket.More example sentences
- A sleeveless, quilted jerkin might be all you need for extra warmth - or a large, woollen wrap instead of a coat.
- She also decided to take woolen pants and jerkins as well as a thick lined jacket that was waterproofed.
- Cloaks, sashes, jerkins and gloves lined the very top shelf that went the width of the wardrobe.
- 1.1 • historical A man’s close-fitting jacket, typically made of leather.More example sentences
- The leather jerkin beneath her robe offered Kel a sense of security as she thought of those dangers.
- What surprised Maria was their lack of armor, except for a few that wore hardened leather jerkins over their tunics.
- He wore a black leather jerkin over a white long sleeve shirt.
early 16th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of jerkinDefinition of jerkin in:
- The US English dictionary