- A jump in which a dancer springs from one foot to land on the other with one leg extended outwards from the body while in the air. See also grand jeté, petit jeté.More example sentences
- There was a beautifully pregnant pause in the finish of tour jetés, which allowed us to see the stretched and steady arabesque in landing.
- Both danced their socks off - and it's not often that I have seen grand jetés performed so simultaneously by a couple!
- And they must land from jeté turned-in - everything they learned not to do at school.
French, past participle of jeter 'to throw'.
More definitions of jetéDefinition of jeté in:
- The US English dictionary